Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rachel Jane See's Morning Prayer

Recently on a visit to San Luis Obispo, I found a photo of Rachel Jane See in the family archives- the great matron of the Callaway Family who married William Dudley Callaway and had many children. Grandma See along with her father Joseph See and adopted brother Jake See were some of the first settlers to inhabit See Canyon, a place that now bears the family name. Also I was given by my cousin Diana Domenghini a prayer that Grandma Rachel liked to recite as she rose each morning:

Father I thank thee
that this night
in peace and rest
has passed away
and that I see
in this fair light
the Father's smile
that makes the day.
Supply our wants
our sins forgive
and make us happy
when we die.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. It's a beautiful photo of her. I have never seen one this close-up. I may have some items to share that are similar.
    So glad you are doing this work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really Awesome! She is my great,great,great grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete